[DXLog.net - Support] OK DX RTTY Observations

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Dec 22 20:56:40 CET 2013

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Marty Blluhm <w8aks55 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. MAJOR: Zones were consistently wrong i.e All the US west coast (zone 3)
> were put into zone 4 and as the contest progressed, they were moved to zone
> 5.  One I station was  put into zone 5 vice 15.
>

>From the DXLog.net menu, select *Options | Data Files | Country files* (text
command shortcut:  *CTYFILES*), and make sure that *CTY_WT_MOD.DAT* is
selected instead of CTY.DAT.  Then type *REOPENNOW* [Enter] in the logging
window to activate it.  That will fix it.

> 2. MINOR: Setting up RTTY macros drove me up the wall. Checked the WIN
> TEST manual and it showed a separate rtty macro window.  Does anyone have a
> workaround for this?
> I have to go back and redo all the cw macros for that mode. This is
> probably on the to do list.

Not sure what drove you up the wall.  The RTTY messages are stored in the
log file, so once you set up standard messages for an RTTY log, it will not
affect messages set up for a separate, CW log.  There is also the Alt+C set
of secondary (and common) messages that are kept in the configuration file
(so remain constant when you switch logs).

3. Minor: Dupe checking did not start untill I worked a dupe and logged it.

>From the menu select *Tools | Data Entry | Exchange guessing | Automaticlly*,
then dupes will be flagged with a red text message just below the logging
window, as soon as you type the last letter of the call.

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Marty Blluhm <w8aks55 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry but I forgot one item that is probably on the to do list also
> and that is the absence of a "Delete Qso" or "Clear Qso".

Press F11 or Alt-W to "wipe" the line clear from the logging window.

Win-Test also offers Edit | Delete QSO, but it does not work with networked
logging.  DXLog.net does not supported this feature yet.  In the mean
time, *log
your own callsign* when you want to delete a QSO.  After the contest, frist
select *File | Close*, then *File | Clean log*.  Select the log file and
check *Delete from log:  QSO with myself* and press *OK *to delete these
QSOs.  Then reload the log and create your Cabrillo file (WRITELOG [Enter]).

All of this is the same as Win-Test

73,
Bob, N6TV