[DXLog.net - Support] Failure CAT

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 2 23:22:12 CEST 2013

Hi Rin,

OK, now you are testing with IC-9100, a radio that is so new that OmniRig
doesn't even list it.  Before you mentioned that you were using Icom
IC-706MKII (not IC-706MIIG, right?)  Let's concentrate on one at a time.

Each Icom radio has a unique hex address, and it is very important to get
this address 100% correct when using any software.

The IC-9100 uses hex address 7C (7Ch) by default (menu 61).  Maybe try
changing it to 6A temporarily, and set radio type in OmniRig to IC-7800?
 Or use a different radio type if it more closely matches the IC-9100, and
use the hex address for that different radio instead of 6A or 7C.

Use Menu 62 to set CI-V OFF, and menu 60 to set the baud rate (maybe do not
use AUTO?).  Then set the same setting in OmniRig with radio type set to
IC-7800.

It is also much better to use a  real serial port than a USB-to-Serial
adapter.  Icom radios also require the CT-17 level converter or equivalent
if they don't have a DB-9 serial connector on the back.  What are you using
to convert USB to RS-232 to CI-V?

Anyway, for the IC-9100, with OmniRig did you try:

   1. CI-V Transceive to OFF
   2. CI-V Address 6A
   3. CI-V Baud 9600
   4. OmniRig, Rig = IC-7800

And set radio type in DXLog.net to OmniRig?

If that doesn't work, you will need to turn CI-V Transceive ON, set Radio
Type to IC-7800 or similar in DXLog.net, and set the CI-V hex address to
match whatever radio type you select in DXLog.net.

*FYI Win-Test gets best results from Icom radios by selecting "Don't Poll"
and "Use CI-V Transceive" *but DXLog.net doesn't seem to have these options
(I guess they are the default).  I get the feeling polling doesn't work
well with Icom radios, which may explain why you're having so much trouble
getting OmniRig to work.  It could also be the USB-to-Serial adapter.

73,
Bob, N6TV