[DXLog.net - Support] winkey sync

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 2 23:34:07 CEST 2013

Rick,

Speed synch. has never worked well with Win-Test, and it could be a
nightmare to try to make it work well with DXLog.net.  What works best is
to have one and only one method to change the Winkey speed, either only by
the Pot or only by DXLog.net.  There is no way software can "turn the knob"
(there's no little stepper motor behind there) , so the position of the
knob will always get out of sync with the programmed speed range of the pot.

For example, what happens if speed knob is set fully clockwise (say, 60
WPM), and DXLog.net Alt+V command sets speed to 25 WPM and you have
"synchronization" turned on.  If you turn the speed knob a little
counter-clockwise, should the next CW speed bet 23 WPM or to 58 WPM?
 Should the paddle speed by set by the knob but the DXLot.net speed set by
command, completely independent?  It gets very complex to handle.

I think it would be best to leave this complexity out of DXLogger and just
ignore the position of the speed knob.

Some day when user-written scripts are supported, I will be able to control
the internal keyer speed of the certain radios like K3, so you won't need
to connect paddles to your WinKey.

73,
Bob, N6TV