[DXLog.net - Support] Failure CAT

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Thu Oct 3 00:21:31 CEST 2013

Huh...

I've got it working now in debug version..
Because CI-V transceive was always turned on here, I didn't notice the
problem.

So, just short explanation..

DXLog in polling process ask radio some information:
VFO A frequency
VFO A mode
VFO B frequency
VFO B mode
Active VFO
Split status..

Some radios return this info with just one command, other needs more
commands to get all responses needed.

Usually, you can query radio in any order to get response, or you can post
more commands in a row and then
process responses as they are received from radio.

With ICOM CI-V protocol, there is a small problem.
When you post a command to radio, it will respond with echo of this command
and after it there will be possible info response,
the actual data you've asked for.
But, if you post more commands in a row, for example ask for frequency and
immediately after that ask for mode,
you will get two echos back, first one for frequency, second one for mode..
and only one response with data, usually second one (mode).

So, now, ICOM CAT code is rewritten on the way that all commands in polling
process are going to internal stacking queue, and they will be sent
to radio as soon as response on previous command is received.
If queue length is over 20 commands, queue is restarted (if radio doesn't
respond in some period of time because of some error).

I am just testing IC-756 PRO III here, no CI-V transceive is on, radio
responds frequency in a rate of about 3 times per second now.
With old code, frequency was responded sometimes once per 10 seconds?!.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
This will be included in v2.0.17..