[DXLog.net - Support] S&P is NOT working in ESM mode

Jan-Eric Rehn jan-eric.rehn at telia.com
Fri Oct 11 00:22:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have installed Ver 2.0.18 and tested ESM.

Contest:
OK1WC Memorial DX Contest - CW

Tools - Data entry:
Exchange guessing - Automatically
Enable ESM mode
ESM mode change focus on LOGGEDCALL macro
Enable Run / SP switching

Run Messages:
F1: CQ TEST $MYCALL $MYCALL MWC
F2: $RST $SERIAL
F3: $SERIAL
F4: $MYCALL
F5: $LOGGEDCALL
F6: NR?
F7: ?
INSERT: $LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $F2
PLUS: $CORRECT TU $CR $MYCALL MWC

Search & Pounce Messages:
F1: $MYCALL
F2: $RST $SERIAL
F3: $SERIAL
F4: $MYCALL
F5: $LOGGEDCALL
F6: NR?
F7: ?
INSERT: TU $F2
PLUS: TU $CR

I don't like different speeds in the messages, so I've deleted the ++ and --
in ++TEST--, ++$RST-- and ++TU--.

I also don't need $LOGGEDCALL DE $MYCALL in the Search & Pounce Messages
F1 - it's enough with $MYCALL.

I changed R UR $F2 to TU $F2 in Search & Pounce Messages INSERT.

Now I test in RUN mode:

I call CQ with ENTER
Answered by f.i. OK1ABC
I type that in Callsign field and click ENTER
DXLog sends OK1ABC 5NN TT1 and cursor goes to RCVD Nr field
OK1ABC sends TU 5NN TT3 and I type 3 and click ENTER
DXLog sends TU SF3A MWC and I'm ready for next QSO.

RUN mode working as expected.

Now I click CTRL-TAB to test the S/P mode:

I hear f.i. OM5ZZ and type that in the Callsign field and click ENTER
DXLog sends my call once - SF3A, but cursor stays after the letter A in the
Callsign field
I have to click the Space bar to move the cursor to the RCVD Nr field
OM5ZZ sends SF3A 5NN TT7 and I type 7 and click ENTER
DXLog sends TU 5NN TT2 and nothing more happens
I click ENTER to log the QSO - DXLog sends TU 5NN TT2 again
That goes on every time I click ENTER
It's impossible to log the QSO

S/P mode is NOT working in ESM mode.

I also tried that in another Contest setup - Scandinavian Activity Contest -
CW.
S/P NOT working in ESM mode in that setup either.

What I'm expecting when working S/P in ESM mode:

I hear OM5ZZ - type that - click ENTER
DXLog sends my call once - SF3A - and move the cursor to RCVD Nr field
(If OM5ZZ don't hear me the first time and RCVD Nr field is empty
I click ENTER and DXLog sends my call SF3A again)
OM5ZZ sends SF3A 5NN TT7 - I type 7 and click ENTER
DXLog sends TU 5NN TT2 and log the QSO
I'm ready for next QSO

Of course I need to use F-keys if it's a contest that uses prefilled
messages.

Then it will be:

Type rcvd call and click ENTER to send my call SF3A and move cursor to RCVD
msg
The prefilled msg should be marked if you have to change it
(If the station don't hear you the first time click F4 to send your call
again)
Check or type the msg
Click ENTER to log the QSO and DXLog sends my RST and msg
I'm ready for next QSO
(Use F2 to send your message again if needed /empty Callsign field/)

73 de Jan, SM3CER
(SF3A in contests)