[DXLog.net - Support] S&P is NOT working in ESM mode

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Oct 11 18:00:30 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:16 AM, 9A5K <9a5k at 9a5k.com> wrote:

> $SPACEBAR  - same as $SPACE (press spacebar in currently active field)
>     $CHECKCALL - move focus to callsign and press spacebar
>     $LOGQSO    - silently save QSO (useful in ESM + S&P mode)
>     $CTRLPLUS  - same sa $LOGQSO
>     $FOCUSCALL - move entry focus to Callsign field
>     $FOCUSRCVD - move entry focus to Rcvd field
>     $FOCUSREC1 - move entry focus to RecInfo field
>     $FOCUSREC2 - move entry focus to RecInfo2 field
>     $FOCUSREC3 - move entry focus to RecInfo3 field

These look useful.

For consistency with Win-Test (so we can copy existing messages), I think
$CHECKCALL should be $GUESSEXCH.  From the Win-Test
documentation<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Message_variables#Action>
:

$GUESSEXCH (or $GUESSEXCHANGE): mimics a space bar hit, filling the
exchange field(s) if
possible, but the cursor remains in the same edit field.

I would also like to suggest three more:

$FOCUS1 - move data entry focus / cursor to Radio 1 (like [up arrow])
$FOCUS2 - move data entry focus / cursor to Radio 2 (like [down arrow])
$SWAPFOCUS - swap data entry focus (like [CapsLock])

This will give us more flexibility to move the cursor to the the "other"
radio when the current radio is sending CQ, for example, to make dupe
checking on the second radio somewhat easier.

All of these action codes should work in all three places:

   1. Standard Messages
   2. Additional Messages (Alt+C)
   3. Advanced SO2R scenarios

Regarding the additional messages, how hard would it be for DEFINEKEYS to
treat Alt+C as special, e.g.

   1. DEFINEKEYS [Enter]
   2. [Add]
   3. [F8]
   4. Alt+C (don't stop here)
   5. [F1]

F8 now equivalent to pressing Alt+C followed by [F1], displayed as:

F8     Alt_C, F1

in the table when finished.

73,
Bob, N6TV