[DXLog.net - Support] New User on board

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Thu Oct 17 14:29:51 CEST 2013

Hi John.

Nice to see you here and thanks for the comments.

We are already preparing some things mentioned in your email (for example
Quick QSL, Multiplier passing etc).
Personally, I am WT user as of year 2005 and I like it very much.
But, for last couple of years, development is almost stopped or it is too
slow. Basic idea when we started DXLog.net development
was to create some WT replacement for smaller (local) contests, with same
layout and shortcuts as it is in CT / WT.
However, after 2+ years of development, DXLog.net now coming close to WT
with functionality, and also it has some things which are
unsupported in WT (for example: custom contests, sw interlock, number
server, mmvari etc).

Currently, main goal is to stabilize the product and to add still missing
and important features (Contest recorder, Custom scripts etc).
Also, one of bigger task which is on schedule soon is to translate UI to
other languages, as we have many users from non-english speaking
countries.
There are also many user requests on task list here, some of them are
already at flyspray (http://flyspray.dxlog.net ).

Regarding UI, currently it's very similar to WT, because users are familiar
with that layout. We have also some proposals how to modernize it,
but it's not really top priority now.

BTW. We tested sw interlock and number server during last weekend in a
small local contest. It worked without any problem here.
Now, there is a plan to expand sw interlock functionality to allow
interlocking of more stations, not only two.