[DXLog.net - Support] Start number server

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Wed Sep 18 12:31:34 CEST 2013

Hi Vlad.

Number server is used in case when serial number synchronization is
necessary to ensure
that each station sends right number.

In network options, you should start this only on one computer.
On all computers in network, you should enable option in menu
(Options->Networking->Use number server).
Computer where number server is started should also have previous option
enabled.

In that case, after pressing SPACE key in callsign field, each station will
ask server for number reservation.
Reservation is cancelled by pressing ALT+W (F11), and if it's last reserved
number in network it can be reserved again.

For example, this is useful in WPX contest in Multi/Single environment
where you're sending serial numbers in sequence
from 001 to last qso. And if you have one RUN station and one MULT station,
both interlocked, you should enable number
server to be sure that numbers are sent in right order..

However, this feature is still in test phase. I've made some tests and it
works fine, but we will see soon how it is working in real conditions.