[DXLog.net - Support] Start number server

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Thu Sep 19 09:12:07 CEST 2013

Hi Vlad.

Regarding RUN1/2 indicators.. soon we will have new window available with
some operating info's.
For example, current mode, CW speed, repeat mode etc. will be moved to that
new window.
So, maybe this will be a place where we should move also RUN and S&P
indicators, as well as Station
type. Text commands will be added too.

Also, good idea regarding macro number reservation..
In that case, macro processing should be splitted in two parts.
It's already in progress, because I need this for macro processor when
using DVK.
For example, in case of advanced SO2R usage in SSB contest, let's say that
CQ macro looks
like this: $R2$R2 $F1 $R1$R2...
So, macro processor should work like this.
Step 1: Process $R2$R2 macro command.
Step 2: Start DVK, play message 2 and wait for message finished event.
Step 3: Continue to process macro ($R1$R2)... etc..

So, in the case of macro reservation, algorithm should work on the similar
way:
1. Start processing macro. If you find number reservation macro, send
request for number.
2. Wait for number reservation, when response is received, continue message
processing.

If response isn't received in Step 2 (DXLog.net currently allows maximum of
500ms for lockout response in sw interlock),
notify user and stop processing message.

Reserving number with macro commands will allow different scenarios
regarding number reservation,
depends of user requirements.

Thanks for the idea.