[DXLog.net - Support] OmniRig setup question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 26 19:23:44 CEST 2013

OmniRig provides it's own dialog to define the COM port and Radio type.

Does DXLog.net ignore the COM port you have selected for OmniRig rig
control or does it override the setting you set using the OmniRig dialog?

In other words, if in OmnRig I set Radio 1 = COM10, Radio 2 = COM11, but in
DXLog.net I check COM 9 and set it to OmniRig, leaving COM10 and COM11
unchecked, what happens?  I don't think it works.

Win-Test sets the radio type in a separate section of the Configure
Interfaces dialog, and you have to *uncheck* the OmniRig COM ports in
Win-Test or else OmniRig can't open them.

In DXLog.net, it seems that you have to use the same COM port numbers in
both places or it doesn't work. I assume DXLog.net *closes* the selected
COM port to give control to let OmniRig use them, but you still have to
"check" the COM port in the Interface Configuration, and the port selection
must match precisely?

73,
Bob, N6TV