[DXLog.net - Support] OmniRig setup question

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Thu Sep 26 19:36:15 CEST 2013

Hi Bob.

Actually, DXLog.net doesn't open the port you've selected/enabled in Config
screen if device type is Radio 1 or Radio 2 and Transceiver type is
OmniRig...
In that case, it will start that COMPort object, but doesn't really open
it. Instead of that, it will use Settings from OmniRig COM object.
So, for example if you have following setup in OmniRig:
Radio 1 - COM10
Radio 2 - COM11

In DXLog net you can set COM10 enabled with device type Radio 1 (and choose
OmniRig as transceiver type).
Also, set COM11 to device type Radio 2 (and also choose OmniRig as
transceiver type)..

COM10 and 11 in that case wouldn't be opened at all in DXLog.net. Instead
of that, as device type is Radio1/2 and transceiver type is OmniRig,
both COMport objects will connect to OmniRig COM object and will
communicate only with him. And OmniRig object will actually communicate
with COM10 and COM11.

Also, you can set this two com ports in DXLog.net to any numbers you wish
(even if this ports don't exists on your computer), when you're using it
with OmniRig, because DXLog.net wouldn't use them at all (in example above,
you can try to set COM19 and COM20 as com ports in DXLog.net)..

Maybe to avoid possible confusions, we can add OmniRig1, and OmniRig2 in
available selections where we  now have COM1..COM20?..