[DXLog.net - Support] OmniRig setup question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Sep 26 19:50:48 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM, 9A5K <9a5k at 9a5k.com> wrote:

> Maybe to avoid possible confusions, we can add OmniRig1, and OmniRig2 in
> available selections where we  now have COM1..COM20?..

Yes, then the radio type could be set to OmniRig automatically, so you
wouldn't have to touch the COM port Configuration dialog.

Maybe the port Configure button could launch the OmniRig setup dialog when
port is set to OmniRig1/2, so you wouldn't have to find it via Start -> All
Programs -> Omni-Rig ?

I don't know if Omni-Rig provides a way to tell DXLog.net which COM port it
wants to use.  If not, DXLog.net could find it in the OmniRig.ini file.
 Then, if those OmniRig ports are somehow enabled in DXLog.net, they could
be automatically *disabled* so there is no port conflict between what
DXLog.net wants to open and what Omni-Rig wants to open.

73,
Bob, N6TV