[DXLog.net - Support] CW messages

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Fri Sep 27 09:28:35 CEST 2013

Hi all.

I have a proposal how to make this to work.

1. New option will be available, something like Options->CW->Add space/new
line between messages when stacking messages
2. Change the way how messages are stacked internally
Currently we are concatenating text one to another, and have problem in
cases when one message is finished with macro command.
I'll change that to use a buffer, which will stack message separately, and
during processing it will take each message from the stack and
process it. When processing is finished, processor will check if there is
another message queued in the buffer, and if it is, it will take it and
process it. Of course, this will be repeated until there isn't no more
messages in the queue.
If option #1 is checked, DXLog will add space (or new line) character
between each message. If not, there will be no space between them.

Also, there will be new character possible in message text definition: "~"
..
So, if this is found between some macro commands, they will be processed
without space (pause) between them.
For example, one of default messages (INS) looks like this: $LOGGEDCALL
$QSOB4 $F2
So, this means: send logged call sign, send space (pause), if qso is dupe
sent QSOB4 message, otherwise send content of F2 message.
If we change it like this: $LOGGEDCALL~$QSOB4~$F2, this will be translated
into this:
send logged callsign, send QSOB4 message if qso is dupe, otherwise sent F2
message.. all this without any spacing.
For example in first case, this will look like this:
9A5K 599 15
In second case, it will be sent like this:
9A5K599 15...

Maybe this message isn't good example, but I think that you've got idea how
it will work.
"~" will be available as of v2.0.17, together with new stacking procedures
and additional option.

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM, RZ3AZ Alexandr <rz3az at mail.ru> wrote:

> Any duration of the pause I can do by pressing Space key.
> Delete pause I can't.
> To me this makes it difficult to work.
>

>  If you press F5 F4 you want pause.
>> If you press F5 F7 you don't want pause.
>>
>> How to support both?
>>
>> You can type UA5C? then press F5.
>>
>> 73,
>> Bob, N6TV