[DXLog.net - Support] A feature wish - "AutoSend"

Jan-Eric Rehn jan-eric.rehn at telia.com
Fri Sep 27 16:49:27 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would love to see "AutoSend Threshold" - "Number of characters entered
after the last prefix number character before sending starts, or zero to
disable" - as it is done in N1MM (text borrowed from N1MM).

I always use that and it gives a very smooth run when in CQ mode. If I have
that value set to "1" and answer f.i. "SM3CER" I type "SM3" and wait a very
short while till I got the whole suffix "CER". When I type "C" the sending
starts and I've got lots of time to finish the call with "ER".

It also take care of a call like "EA8/SM3CER", because when "/" is found the
AutoSend don't start until the character "C" in the suffix is found. So - I
type "EA8/SM3" and wait till I got the whole suffix "CER" before I type "C"
(when the AutoSend begins) and again I've got lots of time to type the last
two characters "ER" during the transmission. If I in this case should not
use the AutoSend feature "EA8/SM3CER" should call me again before I typed
that long callsign. I send "EA8/SM3CER 5NN 001" and then silence or lots of
other callers. I have to send it once again or even twice before
"EA8/SM3CER" understand that I was calling him. Lots of wasted time...

73 de Jan, SM3CER
(mostly SF3A in contests)