[DXLog.net - Support] ESM mode

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Sep 28 23:37:39 CEST 2013

After pressing [Enter] to call a station, you have to fill in the received
exchange before it will send the PLUS message to log the QSO.  You can't
leave the exchange fields blank.

But I have questions:

Did you type RUNSP [Enter] to enable RUN/S&P switching?

Are you in RUN MODE or S&P mode (visible in Clock window).  Did you program
your RUN messages different than your S&P messages?

There does seem to be one bug, though.  In S&P mode, type a call (for dupe
checking), then press [Enter].  It should send the S&P F1 message, but
instead it sends the INSERT message.  It should only do that if the
received exchange field is filled in when in S&P mode.

I'm not sure if Win-Tests $RSTEXCHSENT and $SETEXCHSENT macros are
recognized, but they may be needed for ESM to work like Win-Test.

It looks like $ESM is programmed to automatically issue a $SPACEBAR (a
Win-Test macro not yet externalized by DXLog.net), but that means you must
always type the *complete* callsign before you press [Enter], which wastes
some time in RUN mode.  I think the cursor shouldn't move until after the
$LOGGEDCALL is sent, to give you more time to finish typing in the call
after you start sending.

73,
Bob, N6TV