[DXLog.net - Support] Observations Using the DXLOG at the CQWWRTTY

Hector Garcia XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 30 04:11:53 CEST 2013

Hi Chris and group
I was  doing some S&P a little bit in the contest CQ WW RTTY
I found the following things that for me can be implemented
very important
the module only allow capture  the ZONE number  but there is no space  for  the STATE or PROVINCE during the CLICK in the screen
need to be used the space bar and write the state next to the zone, making that manual

the ESC do not cancel  the F keys message when you  press 2 or more times or 2 keys one after the other , you need to wait to pass all the
message
I experience some errors but do not crash the log, I solve those  like  2tone transmitting  but not the radio with ALT-K  that let me finish  the QSO
will try to save the sceen or the message  next time.

ERROR message
WndTXProc.CPP waveoutWrite  error line154
click cancel and
later show
TXfsk switch case 0:error  clic cancel
and later again the same error window
this error made that the 2tone rx window show all received text is blue like the transmitted message , after  one more tx from me the
color in RX back to black and blue for TX

another find

The freq reading in the  VFO A in the bandmap and also the logged  is different
I was using  AFSK from 2tone   my freq on the radio is  7051.640   the  status window show the correct
freq  7049.5    but the  VFO A  band map window show 7047.4  and that is the logged freq
that difference is by my fault in the configuration or the log is taking 2 times the  off set?

REQUEST  if is possible  for later updates
Will like to be included this options:
--Check partials do not allow to select with  the mouse (click) the call and get inserted in the  entry area.
--Will like to be able to get access to the F keys (keyboard) clicking any screen from the LOG (Digital, check partials, status, etc Not only the main  log window)
because in the case of using a Flex radio or any other  remote or SDR radio  jumping from the radio to the log is used a lot.
-- Be able to expand or contract the BANDMAP to see more a detail the freq  where was the QSO  I will like to see 30-40 khz at most
--- Get an easy access key or where to click to select standar  and S&P message

Hope my observations helps to make DXLog the best log  and do not just to bother or make think that I'm asking too much.

J.Hector Garcia  XE2K / AD6D
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp / El Centro
P.O.Box 73
El Centro CA 92244-0073