[DXLog.net - Support] Observations Using the DXLOG at the CQWWRTTY

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Mon Sep 30 09:28:43 CEST 2013

Hi Hector.

Did you changed country file to CTY_WT_MOD.dat or it is on default settings
(CTY.dat)?

I was using CTY_WT_MOD.data during the Sunday afternoon and it was quite
fine here.
If someone has some examples where it didn't do it properly (maybe some of
JA stations), let me know,
so I can check this and fix if needed. Thanks in advance for the info.

Regarding clicking in rx decoder window, I have to do two things.
First one is to add "-" as allowed delimiter, as some of the stations
sending 599-15-15 or something like that..
This can't be clicked properly, because dxlog.net doesn't recognize "-" as
separator, it is looking for space character.

Second one is to recognize what is the content of the field and to copy it
to proper destination in the log line.
In CQ WW RTTY example, we have three possible fields to be filled, third
one (state is optional).
So, DXLog should recognize if you click on the call sign. If clicked text
isn't callsign, then it should check if
clicked content is ok to fit in some of the other fields. So, if RCVD field
is defined as WAZZONE type, this will
allow only integer type between 1 and 40... if clicked content doesn't fit
within this rules, it will be checked against
next field which accepts multipliers from custom list, in this case they
are US states... etc.

Also, I've noticed that worked state window wasn't enabled in the software.
So, it is changed in 2.0.17, and it is available
(also this is just definition in contest config file).

Problem with 2Tone as primary decoder is also notified here. It seems that
2Tone has a little bit different way of TX-ing characters.
I've tried with MMTTY as primary and 2Tone as secondary decoder, and
opposite, as 2Tone as primary and MMTTY as secondary decoder.
MMTTY was working as expected, esc key worked fine to cancel current
message. But, 2Tone wasn't. Have to check this differences,
because communication interface should be the same in MMTTY and 2Tone.

And finally, MMVARI and FSK type.. I've checked MMVARI documentation, and
noticed couple of problems with current implementation.
First of all, RX sound card choices where enumerated wrong in MMVARI drop
down menu. If you check this, you will notice that they are same
as TX sound card choices, which is of course wrong. This drop down menus
are filled dynamically, and by mistake in both cases there are
output device enumerated. I've fixed this for 2.0.17 and now have to add
additional menu, where FSK mode can be activated.
All this should be ready for 2.0.17 release which will be available this
week.