[DXLog.net - Support] Minor issues noted while WPX

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Wed Apr 2 10:27:29 CEST 2014

Hi Juha.

Actually, number server is broken because of latest changes in the code, we
found that couple of minutes before
the contest at E7A. So, I've made quick fix there, this will be OK when new
release will be published again.
Setup is easy, you just need to start number server on one of computers in
the network (options->network configuration and
check start number server options in the screen).
Next step is to enable Use number server on all computers in the network
(Options->Networking options->Use number server).
And that's it.

But, unfortunately, this functionality is broken in 2.0.25 because of
changes in the code to prevent reservation when spot is double
clicked, and station type is mult or support...
I've fixed this and now number isn't reserved anymore for any type of the
station when spot (or bandmap) is double clicked.
You will have cursor in callsign field (qso is checked for double qso,
multiplier etc.) and number will be reserved when spacebar
is pressed.
Also, thanks to the team @ E7A, we got additional ideas... so, probably in
future versions, when number server is enabled,
sent number wouldn't be visible at the screen, until number isn't reserved.
We have discovered that some of operators are pressing
spacebar after exchange is sent if they are not sure in the callsign
received. This can lead to situations where wrong number is sent
because it can be changed in meantime if some of interlocked stations
reserves the number in meantime.

Regarding sending spot in subvfo, this can be done with ALT+Double click on
the spot... However, it should be added in dropdown menu
at bandmap too.

INSERT and PLUS messages are missing currently... they can be used in SO2R
mode, because we're doing macro processing for
advanced scenarios there, but this functionality should be enabled in
so1r/Multi op mode too, so you can define some scenarios
which can be used in SSB mode. Currently, I think that INSERT and PLUS
messages working only if Sound board is used as voice
keyer. The idea is to record Thanks message in F1-F7 message bank (in DVK
in radio, or some other device, for example microHAM).
And then, you can reference this message in scenario for particular key.
So, for example, in scenario for F1 key, you will have $F1 macro
command, which will send F1 recorded message. In PLUS scenario, let's say
that you will have something like this: $CR $F3...
This will log a QSO ($CR=carriage return) and F3 message will be played...
of course, user will be able to change this macros
on whatever way fits for usage at the station..

Anyway, regarding WPX SSB..
We were using DXLog.net for the first time at E7A M/S operation (at
E77DX/E7DX station)...
Logged 5600+ qsos during the weekend with 4 interlocked stations. We also
noted a couple of minor issues with qso editor, which
are already fixed now. Everything else worked quite well. There are also
some fixes planned soon, but feedback there was quite
well. And we discovered plenty of new ideas during post contest chat
between the team, which will be very useful for Multi op operations.

Thanks to all for feedback after the contest and for all encouragement
received last days/weeks.