[DXLog.net - Support] Setting up networking?

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Wed Apr 30 08:58:06 CEST 2014

Hi Rich...

It's quite easy...

You need to setup on of stations as Server, and two others as clients.

So, in case you have three stations, let's say STN1, STN2 and STN3...
In case that STN1 is server, you need to do the following:

Go to Options->Configure network... click Start server checkbox and use
0.0.0.0 as Server IP...leave the port as default (9888)...
Set StationID to STN1 here...

That's it at server... now you need to know the ip address of the server...
for example let say it is 192.168.0.50...

On other two stations:

In Options->Configure network...
Set StationID to STN2 and STN3.
Click Connect as client checkbox and set the ip address bellow that
checkbox to the IP address of the server (192.168.0.50 in example)..

And that's it..

Create/Open log file at all three PC's and enable network (click on
Options->Network is enabled)..

And you will see all three stations in Status window (ALT+J), plus there
will be info in main status bar (bottom of DXLog.net window)..

BTW... new DXLog.net version 2.1.3  with 7QP, NEQP and new improved INQP
will be available in public download folder later today,
so if you plan to try it in 7QP, make sure you upgrade to latest version.

If you have any other questions, let me know.. I'll be glad to help.