[DXLog.net - Support] dxlog bugs found during multi-single contest

Enrico Lorenzoni IU3AZC iu3azc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 19:32:41 CET 2014

Hello to everyone, me and some friends had a multi-one contest using
DXLog and software interlock. We found some issues and we'd like them to
be fixed by Jan 5, for the next contest.
Here it is a list, and if needed I can further explain every point and
provide video and/or a procedure to reproduce the bug.

1) software audio recording worked during tests before contest, but when
the contest started in 2 out of 2 computers it didn't work anymore
(note: we used networking and software interlock)
2) we had some interlock timeouts and failures, and we did not find a
window with an indication of what radio is txing. We'd like a red
background on the transmitting station in station list AND a button like
"ignore this station transmission" so, if interlock gets stuck, we can
ignore a single station and have interlock working between the remaining
stations. also we'd like an "interlock reset" because, when we restarted
a dxlog process on a computer, we had to wait for it to be ready. also
computers without interlock (but appearing in the station list)
prevented txing computers to operate if dxlog was restarted.
3) we'd like a PTT via button that simulates the hardware foot switch
(wired to DSR input), so we can press a keyboard button if we have a
foot switch failure, instead of the radio SEND and bypass the interlock
4) we'd like a feature like "PTT delay" so we can have DSR as PTT with
0ms delay and DTR as PTT with 10ms delay, or DSR on com1 as PTT with 0ms
and DSR on com2 as PTT with 10ms delay.
5) when in FSK mode, the frequency on the bandmap and on the actual
radio's display was different (even if radio was not in LSB, but in FSK)
6) when in FSK, if I type "CW" the FSK window doesn't disappear and mode
remains RTTY
7) changing mode on the radio doesn't change mode in the software
8) if a stations enters a CW spot with CTRL+ENTER, frequency should be
ignored, and the other stations should view that spot as CW. same should
happen in SSB and RTTY.
Same also should be enabled for skimmer spots: if "CW" is in comments,
then mode is always CW in any frequency.
9) when bandmap is in list mode and list is full and needs scrolling, if
we scroll and choose a call in the bottom of the list, the list jumps to
top and spot is not chosen.
10) we'd like a software voice keyer (like: choose MP3 file to play for
F1, F2 ecc, and with auto-repeat option, like cw and rtty)
11) sometimes we had wrong exchange guess and different exchange between
same call already in the log.
12) when log is set with network enabled and the pc doesn't hold the IP
anymore (example: laptop without ethernet cable), when opening the log
there is a socket error.
13) when clicking on a station in the station list we'd like to have a
gab textbox pre-filled with that station as recipient.
14) contest had PSK and FSK grouped as digital mode, but in the "multi"
chart we had two different lines for PSK and FSK.
15) we'd like to be not able to log the qso if the exchange is not in
the list of allowed exchanges.
16) we'd like a "EXPLORE" button in the menu, to open explorer.exe in
dxlog folder
17) "move only in my log" feature
18) bandmap spot filters (like: only CW spots, or only DXCC = I and HB9)
19) sometimes with right-click menu we could not delete a single spot
from the bandmap, but then with "clear all" it was deleted. also some
spots did not disappear from "list" (with "hide worked" enabled) after
logging that call.
20) when changing band with alt+f1 and alt+f2, mode becomes always CW
21) disable unallowed modes for the contest (for example: disable RTTY
if contest is only CW and SSB)
22) when changing from SSB to RTTY the MMVARI windows doesn't appear
23) when opening MMVARI window, then closing it and doing CW, and
opening it again, it shows "COM already in use" because COM port is not
closed when MMVARI is closed the first time.
24) we need a time constraint rule for an italian contest: after 10
minutes on 160 we cannot log anymore on 160, and we MUST qsy to another
band. after those 10 minutes we can go on 160 again and log QSO for
another 10 minutes.

thank you very much

73 de IU3AZC Enrico