[DXLog.net - Support] Errors in 'RSGB 80m Club Championship Data' contest

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 09:33:11 CET 2014

Hi Chris

I've noticed a couple of errors in the 'RSGB 80m Club Championship Data'
contest functionality.

1. Having checked the way in which the mixed-mode DXpedition template
works, I would expect MMVARI to change modes from RTTY to BPSK when I
type 'PSK31'  -  it doesn't. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Here's my test method: On start-up, the MMVARI mode is set to 'bpsk' -
this can be cross referenced and confirmed in the 'Rate' and 'Check
Multiplier' windows where 'PSK' is displayed, though no indication of
speed is given anywhere. If I type 'RTTY', MMVARI and these two windows
all change to RTTY mode, as expected. However, I cannot change the mode
back to PSK. Nothing from the command line seems to work and if I try
Ctrl-F1 then the 'Rate' and 'Check Multiplier' windows both change mode
but MMVARI does not.

2. Stations in this contest can be worked twice: once on RTTY and once
on PSK. At the moment, a station worked on one mode is showing as a dupe
with zero points on the other mode. This is incorrect - each QSO is
worth one point.

I'd be happy to help with any further testing if required.

73, John