[DXLog.net - Support] Problems Found This Weekend

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 00:16:05 CET 2014

Hi Chris ..

I found a couple of problems this weekend with V2.0.23:

1)       DXLog apparently does not have a way to denote SPLIT SPOTS in
either the Announcements or Bandmap.  The QSX information in the comments
field is ignore, and if one of htose Spots is selected, the radio is put to
the Receive Frequency in SIMPLEX.  I only found this after clicking on some
cross-band 40M Spots and (briefly) transmitting outside the US Phone Band.
If the K3 was manually placed into SPLIT, clicking on subsequent Spots put
the K3 back into SIMPLEX.  DXLog needs to display, denote, and properly set
frequencies for cross-band Spots.

2)       When the MINUS KEY is use to enter the Transmit Frequency for a
cross-band Spot, the k3 VFO-B is set to the entered frequency - BUT the K3
is NOT placed into SPLIT Mode.  If the k3 is manually placed into SPLIT, new
frequencies subsequently entered via the MINUS KEY result in the K3 being
placed BACK into SIMPLEX.

3)       When using ALT-F1 and ALT-F2 to change Bands with my K3, the radio
is set to the Mode of the previous Band.  For example, if the radio is on
40M LSB, and ALT-F2 is used to switch to 20M, the Mode remains in LSB.  If
the radio was on 20M USB and the ALT-F1 is used to change the band to 40M,
the Mode REMAINS in USB.

4)       When Recording a Voice Message, if the <F-Key> for the message is
pressed BEFORE the ESC key is pressed to end the recording, DXLog crashes.
This is no big deal if it happens BEFORE a Contest, but is really bad DURING
a Contest!

5)       I couldn't understand why 160M Spots that I saw in the DXCluster
Window were not making it into the ANNOUNCEMENTS or BANDMAP.  The BANDMAP is
not settable from within DXLog - at least I can't find it.  I looked for a
file in the Databases and edited it to limits more realistic in Contests.  I
think it ought to be editable from within the program - else the occasional
user may not know where to look or what to change.

6)       I still have occasional crashes when moving between fields using
the SPACEBAR.  I wish I could

Thanks for fixing CLEAN LOG.  I kind of wish it was selectable while the Log
is still open.

And I REALLY would like to see a SUMmary File produced along with the
Cabrillo.  I know the SUMMARY Window can be be COPIED AS TEXT but generating
a SUM File would be consistent with CT and WT.  I think N1MM has a command
to "Print Score Summary to File".

73 --> Dave, W9PA (ex-W9ZRX, 1954 to 2012)