[DXLog.net - Support] DXlog.net with PowerSDR and CW Skimmer?

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Sun Mar 23 20:00:21 CET 2014

Hi Andy..

I don't have too much experience with PowerSDR and Flex radio.
So, I've just take a look at DDUtil website and found this info:

Connecting to a Radio Control Program (RCP)

Connecting to another software program such as MixW, HRD or many others can
be accomplished by *DDUtil* as follows:

   - Create a pair of virtual serial ports for each piece of software to be
   connected to *DDUtil*.
   - Connect one end of the pair to *DDUtil* RCP1-4 CAT
   - Connect the other end of the port pair to the RCP's CAT connection.
   - Repeat the above procedure for each of the RCP's needed up to a
   maximum of four (4).
   - When finished the connections can look like this:
      - DDUtil Radio CAT Com30 <--> Com31 PSDR Cat
      - DDUtil RCP1 CAT Com10 <--> Com20 HRD CAT
      - DDUtil RCP2 CAT Com11 <--> Com21 MixW CAT
   - PTT and keying lines require another set of virtual ports to connect.
   DDUtil only handles the RS232 TX/RX communication. The following is an
   example of connecting a PTT line for MixW to key PowerSDR.
      - PSDR PTT Com15 <--> Com25 MixW PTT
      - CW key lines are handled the same way only connecting one end of a
      virtual port pair to the PSDR Keyer and the other end to MixW CW key line.

So, if I understand it correctly, you need DDutil connection to PSDR, which
is clear, I suppose.
Next, you need DXLog.net CAT connection on some RCP port pair.

And also, you need two ports pair (or maybe one is enough) for CW/PTT
keying line which should be one or two additional
interfaces in DXLog.net configuration.

Of course, you can add three more RCP ports in DDUtil to connect CWSkimmer
or any other software.

Let me know if this helps a bit.