[DXLog.net - Support] Voice Keyer Muting

Bob Wolbert, K6XX k6xx at cruzio.com
Fri Mar 28 22:07:03 CET 2014

Good Afternoon,

I have a problem with the voice keyer in your logging program. N6TV has
been trying to help me, but so far without success.

Lenovo PCs running XP SP3. I've tried 2 different ones, both a
Thinkcentre desktop and a T60 laptop. Both have 2 cores at 2 - 2.2GHz,
with 2GB of RAM. Both have similar symptoms.

My Problem:
Local mic mutes after the DVK plays a message.

1. Start DXLog.net. Microphone on internal sound card immediately MUTES.
(I can see this happening in "Master Volume" control panel. Mute box
gets checked when DXLog.net loads)

2. Unmute mic manually. Record messages (shift-F1). Mic audio is
recorded and also gets to rig. All OK so far.

3. PLAY any message on the DVK. (F1) OK.

BUT, now the mic gets muted again. (NG!)
There is no local mic audio any more. If I click the Mute box in Master
Volume, the mic works. UNTIL I play the DVK again!

Note that the DVK messages play fine, it is just the live microphone
that is muted.

It does not matter which check boxes in DXLog.net/Configure
Interfaces/Port Configuration are checked. For example, if I check "Mute
the mic when DVK is playing" (which is what I really want). NG.
"Mute mic when DVK is NOT playing" (??). NG. This doesn't work either.
Check both boxes: no good.
Check neither: no good. I don't see any difference between the options.

In all cases, the local mic audio is muted after playing a DVK message.

Thank you for any advice! C U on the air.

--
73 de Bob, K6XX