[DXLog.net - Support] DVK questions

Ken Beals k6mr at outlook.com
Wed Nov 5 00:20:06 CET 2014

Having never used DXLog on phone I thought I'd try to set things up for Sweepstakes phone. Some questions:

I have a MicroHam u2R so I enabled the DVK. Got it working, but it looks like only messages 1 - 7 are usable since DXLog doesn't recognize a message key greater than F7. Also, to play a message with INS and PLUS you must map one of the other F keys to INS and PLUS. I did this in the Advanced SO2R scenario and it works fine. I also tried the $MK2R=MPx macro but nothing there. Any other way to map INS and PLUS to messages 8 and 9 in the DVK?

Changing the configuration to just the sound card also works pretty much as expected. With this setup, I can record the INS and PLUS messages with the Shift-Insert and Shift-Plus (and the files are created) but can't figure out how to get the messages to play. Tried $INS, $INSERT, $PLUS, etc. but no luck so far. Again, I can map one of the other F keys to Insert and Plus but I thought if I can record them I should be able to play them.

Anybody been using the DVK and can impart some wisdom?

tnx,

Ken K6MR