[DXLog.net - Support] Corrupt log when adding new stations on network?

Mark Turner (EI3KD) ei3kd.mark at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 11:01:20 CEST 2014

Hi Chris,

We had a problem using 2.1.7, getting a corrupted log under the following
circumstances:

1) On run station starting a new log by importing a cabrillo with about 150
QSOs already in.

2) On m1 station starting a new log for the same contest, no file imported
but with network enabled. Log from run station is filled automatically
(although first attempt only took about 50 of the 150 QSOs), but it doesn't
look right on the m1 log. I think the QSOs are shown in a random order.

3) On m2 station starting a new log for the same contest, no file imported
but with the network enabled. m2 log is filled automatically, but the same
problem as with m1, i.e. QSOs probably displayed in random order, or
missing?

I think after step 3) every QSO then started to appear with dupes on the
run station, but that may have been a different time when we tried to start
all three logs using the same imported cabrillo - i.e. all three logs had
exactly the same QSOs in, but on first sync they duped them into
each-other's log - possibly?

Normally there is no problem if all stations are running and networked
before the contest starts, but there seems to be something wrong with the
log-syncing logic under different circumstances.

I didn't try 2.1.8 yet, in case you fixed it there.

Regards, Mark