[DXLog.net - Support] FT857 CAT failure

YT9TP - Pedja yt9tp at uzice.net
Sat Sep 20 02:41:48 CEST 2014

Some time ago I reported problem with DXlog and my FT-857D. It still
shows up even several versions later.

Occasionally, DXLog goes wild on reading current VFO frequency from the
rig. Sometimes it displays frequency as 100 times lower (instead of
3750.00 it says 37.5, sometimes it displays frequency as 1000 times
higher. If I move VFO on rig, frequency in DXLog changes but still stays
invalid.

Sometimes it happens that while I rotate VFO on rig, DXLog switcher
operating modes.

I can make it go to normal if I open Options / Configure interfaces and
then just close it. That resets serial connection with rig and makes
DXlog return to normal behavior.

It seems to me that serial communication gets messed up.

I changed PC, changed CAT interface and problem stays the same.

However, I manage to find one situation when I can intentionally make
DXLog go wild. All I have to do is to double click any call sign in DX
Cluster list. Instead of setting rig VFO to new frequency DXlog goes to
a mode when it displays nonsense frequency. This is repeatable.

I hope this report will help to narrow the problem source.

Pedja
YT9TP

---