[DXLog.net - Support] DX Log in CQWW RTTY

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 12:03:45 CEST 2014

Hi

I've been using DX Log in CQWW RTTY this weekend and have discovered a
few issues - I'm not sure if they are 'features' or bugs, or simply my
error.

* With ESM mode on (ESMON) in S&P mode, whichever field the cursor is
in, the INS message gets sent. I think it should send the PLUS message
when the cursor is in the exchange field?

* The Ctrl-Up Arrow and Ctrl-Down Arrow functions on the band-map were
intermittently faulty - sometimes they didn't work properly. I'm sorry
but I cannot recreate this.

* I'm not a frequent RTTY contester, so maybe this isn't appropriate: In
S/P mode, when I press <Ins> it grabs the last call-sign in the RTTY
window,  puts it in the logging field and sends the message. If a
call-sign is already in the logging field, it does not grab the latest
call-sign, it leaves the previous one in place and sends the message to
the incorrect call-sign. Not sure if this is 'working as designed' or a bug.

Other suggestions:

* When I click on a station in the band-map, it would be useful if that
call-sign is highlighted. On a busy band-map it is easy to click on the
adjacent station by accident - the highlight would confirm the click was
in the right place.

* It would be good to have a more prominent indicator for Run or S/P
modes. In Win-Test I use the 'change background colour' script. If there
is no intention to implement these kinds of scripts, maybe the small
'clock' window can have inverted colours, or suchlike, when the
operating mode is switched?

  73, John G4IRN