[DXLog.net - Support] Weird problem with Serial numbers in SO2V mode

Marco HB9CAT hb9cat at thezollingers.org
Tue Jun 2 23:38:59 CEST 2015

Hi Chris,

I've observed this problem during the WPX contest last weeked:

- I am in SO2V mode
- the radio1 line is empty, next serial number 2713
- radio2 line with a callsign and the cursor next to it, say 9a5k; next serial number shown 2713

now:

- I give my report using F2: Dxlog sends "5NN 2023"
OR
- I enter the QSO using Insert: "UA6CC 5NN 2023"

!?!

This has costed me a couple of QSOs, I didn't immediately realize which number was actually sent; since then I was forced to key the radio2 reports "by hand". I will now correct the log putting 2023 as serial in both (assuming 2023 was sent)

It is interesting to know that QSO 2023 was in fact with UA6CC... and it was a Dupe

Do you have a clue of what happened ? I was able to reproduce it right now.

Best 73s

Marco HB9CAT