[DXLog.net - Support] Problem /w DXlog and handling of OmniRig

Michael Grehl,DH6JL dh6jl at rrdxa.eu
Fri Jun 12 20:34:46 CEST 2015

Hi to ALL and Chris,

i found today a spare of time to locate the problem .

At first i deinstalled the old installed OmniRig and replaced it with a new one .
I replaced also the Rig.ini settings  on c:\Program files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig\Rig
I downloaded also the zip-packed Client from the DX-Atlas site and started it .

After installation of Omni Rig i was able to run  3 times the client and change
different things at the trx.

Now i closed all and  opened a Window of the windows  taskmanager .and no
OmniRig task was visible.

After this i started DXlog (which was configured to OmniRig) and the taskmanager
shows  the DXlog task and
that OmniRig  were running . ..BUT  it was NOT the similar qrg shown on DXlog
(Bandmap) and the TRX.

With some hope i started CW Skimmer and what a surprise  the right QRG was shown
on the display  of the skimmer.
By clicking in the waterfall or the window right of it the qrg could be changed
that the wanted signal  was into the "decode" area.

The Skimmer has the same settings like DXlog.
  My settings are as follows:
when i look at DXlog > Options > configure interfaces

Additonal /
Radio 1 polling rate (ms) 500
Serial ports /
Interface > Com11 enabled   >  Device /  Radio 1

--> after clicking SETUP for this  interface

Radio Configuration
Radio = OmniRig  // Speed 9600 //  Bits 8 // Parity N //  Stop 1

Below this there is only tagged :  use CAT PTT command on Phone

DTR  = CW      RTS = PTT     Footswitch = None        Active with = Both Radio

I tried also  the "Active with Radio 1"  option but it could not arrange the
handshake between Dxlog and trx also.

So my adoption is that there must be some misunderstandings between my Icom TRX
and DXlog by using OmiRig.

Thats the first quick decription for my problem ...

73 de Mike

(can answer again at sunday evening  june 14 due family qrl)