[DXLog.net - Support] Problem with UPDATE DATABASE

Dave Zeph w9pa at w9pa.net
Fri Oct 16 21:45:22 CEST 2015

Chris ... it look like the UPDATE DATABASE command may broken.

I was getting ready for the "Pre-StewPerry" this weekend.  I have a new 160M
antenna and want to see how it works.  I tried to use my 2014 Log to Update
my StewPerry_db.txt file.  I always use the call of someone I always work to
test that the pre-fill works correctly.  It did not, and a subsequent check
of the Database showed that the Grid Square for this Callsign was missing.

I checked a few other callsigns that were in my 2014 Log.  Basically for
every call that was in my 2014 Log, the UPDATE DATABASE command REMOVED the
Grid Square information.  What remained was ....    W9PA=   .  Since there
were only 103 calls affected, and being a glutton for punishment, I repaired
the Database manually.

UPDATE DATABASE worked this same way before you fixed it several releases
ago.  I hope it can be fixed before the ARRL SS CONTEST.

If it would help, I can send you the 2014 Log and StewPerry_db.txt files so
you can run it with V2.18 to verify.

73 --> Dave, W9PA