[DXLog.net - Support] ON4KST integration

Marco HB9CAT hb9cat at thezollingers.org
Wed Apr 13 08:54:57 CEST 2016

Hey Chris,

I'm planning a VHF contest so I looked into the KST integration in
DxLog.net; while the chat window is a good first step, its utility is
limited, it's just about having a chat window inside dxlog instead of in a
separate browser (plus the red messages at the bottom, also of limited use)

Arranging skeds through the KST chat is a common habit and does make a big
difference; usage during contest:

-          we keep checking who's chatting  on kst

-          as we find an interesting call we first have to check if we
already worked it (read the call and type it into a second DXlog PC)

-          if it's new, we contact him

This could be simplified by having DXlog checking if we already worked it
automatically: this could be as simple as displaying the "dupes" in RED in
dxlog's kst window, would this be feasible in the short term Chris ?

The perfect solution would be:

-          an additional dxlog window showing a list of stations currently
logged into kst, with display options like "don't show dupes"

-          click on a call starts a KST chat with that station ("/CQ
<callsign>" prefix)

Thank you and 73s

Marco HB9CAT