[DXLog.net - Support] Sending UDP on the network

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Mon Dec 12 10:27:53 CET 2016

RR, of course it is possible.

This can be done on several different ways, one of them is custom script.
Also, you can make your own custom forms, which can be shown in DXLog main
window,
and you can do anything you want from there as well.
In DXLog, there is UDPCommunicator object (part of DXLComm.dll).
You can use it to send/receive any UDP message in the network, so basically
you can
start new instance of it in your custom script and use separate UDP port
for communication.
>From there, you can send/receive your custom messages, whenever it is
needed.
Of course, you can hook this script to some shortcut, or you can run it
based on event changes
in main code (or both methods same time). For example, you can hook it to
radio frequency / band change event,
and when this happens, you can execute your own code which is fully under
your control.
Small example of custom made form is available here:
http://dxlog.net/sw/development/
If you build it, just copy DLL to DXLog.net CustomForms (in
%APPDATA%\DXLog.net folder) and restart DXLog.
It will show any available Custom Form in menu selection and you can
control any action also from there.

Regarding antenna and antenna controller switching, as of v2.3.10 there is
DXL Antenna Server application available.
This application works as central antenna server and already knows how to
communicate with DXL application.
So, you define your antenna setup in DXL Antenna Server configuration
through xml file (you can have multiple xml files,
just load the one you need in application), and start a server.
In DXL, there is new configuration tab, where you set connection to antenna
server, and choose your station (radio) id in the network.
Now, DXL will connect to antenna server, and whenever band is changed,
there are possible antenna selections visible in Antenna selector
form in DXL. You can select any of available antenna (if this one is not
used on some other station in the network), and also if there
is some kind of controller attached to that antenna (for example
stackmatch, 4 square etc.) you will get that control also visible in Antenna
controller screen.

Currently, there are two types of antenna switching supported, one custom
made for K1LZ, and another one is MOAS II by K1XM.
Next one should be any custom made software, which should implement known
interface, and user will be able to add it to the DXL ANTS folder.
When start, DXL ANTS app will use this custom made DLL to communicate with
any possible switching system.

All this enables very easy and quick changes of station configuration (just
load different configuration file on the server side).

More info follows after v.2.3.10 will be released.