[DXLog.net - Support] Operating time

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Wed Feb 3 14:59:51 CET 2016

When I did CQ160 this past weekend I was a little puzzled that the
operating time claimed by DXLog was just 2 hours 23 minutes. I was not
doing a serious entry, and at times there were periods of more than an
hour between QSOs even though I was in the chair all the time. But
allowing for the normal 1 hour rest periods I calculated I did 4 hours
55 minutes, more if I added those periods when I was in the shack but
had no actual QSOs.

Why is DXLog giving me this unrealistic figure?

Another issue I had, and have had with some other contests, is that a
spurious column of '0's appears in the output Cabrillo at the end of
each line. I had to edit those out manually but they shouldn't be there
in the first place. eg:

QSO:  1833 CW  2016-01-30 0550 G3YMC         599 14 LX7I          599  14   0

73 Dave G3YMC

http://davesergeant.com