[DXLog.net - Support] Operating time

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Wed Feb 3 18:11:55 CET 2016

Thanks Chris. 15m to count for the default rest period is probably
sensible for a serious entrant who is working at a steady rate. For us
smaller stations, in my case QRP and 160m with a lousy antenna, it is
far too short. If I don't make any contacts for a 20 minutes it doesn't
mean I am not in the shack, it means I am tuning around trying and
failing to work stations - OK show that in the rate window but we
should not assume I am away from the rig. One hour offtimes are normal
for most RSGB events, WPX and other contests that have limited
operating time categories. If we are to have a default surely it should
be this rather than some other arbitrary time chosen by the contest
software author.

It would be good though if this were easily settable and changed via
the menus.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://davesergeant.com