[DXLog.net - Support] Problems with F4 and F5 keys in data contest

Martin Atherton g3zay at btinternet.com
Tue May 2 11:09:37 CEST 2017

Just wondering if this is a known issue. In the RSGB 80m data events I
use the F1 F2 and F3 keys in run mode to send CQ, QSO data, and TU etc,
and they always work fine. For S&P the F4 key sends my callsign and the
F5 key sends the QSO data.

But sometimes the F4 and F5 keys will suddenly stop triggering the PTT
line - the screen shows the appropriate text going out but the
transceiver is still in receive. This never happens with F1-F3. When it
happens I go back to run mode with F1-F3 and I find that if I then
revert to S&P F4 and F5 are OK again for a while. But then again they
stop working and I go back to running.

There is probably something blindingly obvious that I am doing wrong but
can't see it at the moment.

Martin G3ZAY