[DXLog.net - Support] Dupe checking problems with callsigns containing V or W

SM5AJV sm5ajv at qrq.se
Tue May 30 09:26:39 CEST 2017

Hi!

In the recent WPX CW contest at SK3W we had problems with dupe checking in
the band map. Calls containing V or W was not dupe checked properly and was
entered into the band map as new ones. The dupe check in the log window did
work, but very often that was too late, and the operator was already
calling ...  This is an old issue from last year, not fully solved?

Another thing, there was a Skimmer that used a very long and in my opinion
stupid call.  The spot parser once again got puzzled and put in bogus
callsigns in the band map. The Skimmers call ended up as KARAPUZ in the
downloadable skimmer files at reversebeacon.net.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E