[DXLog.net - Support] WinKey3 support

ik2pfl ik2pfl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:12:39 CET 2018

Hello,

I just connected a Winkey3 IC to a virtual serial port with DxLog
(Latest Version)
It works fine, but I think some improvements/features are missing.

1)
WinKey3 side tone is disabled after DxLog initialization.
It would be useful to have it set in the WinKey setting panel, as done
in N1MM.
In this way one can send with paddles and the log, without using the
radio keyer and foot-switch PTT.

2)
There are interesting innovations in WinKey3, like the possibility to
transmit with the paddles while the WinKey3 is sending characters gotten
from the log.
In this case the Log char frame is stopped, the paddles take over, and
then the characters pipeline from the log is flushed.
Whit regards on this,  DxLog is rigid. After DxLog initializes, WinKey3
is "locked off" and if I try to give commands to WinKey3 via paddle
entry (in command mode), WK3 takes the commands, but then it is lost by
DxLog.

3)
Would be nice to have an initialization file, containing the WinKey3
parameters to apply to the log session, so one can customize keying
preferences.

While I think the 2-3) are kind of enhancements,  the 1) is really a
missing feature, all the contest community would like to have.

Thanks,
B.Regards
Luca IK2PFL