[DXLog.net - Support] IC-7610 and SO2V

Björn Ekelund bjorn at ekelund.nu
Mon Nov 5 15:40:26 CET 2018

Based on friends recommendations and frustrated with the lack of support
for SO2V in Win-Test I got myself
a DXLog license the other day.

I unfortunately found that my main radio (IC-7610) is not among the
supported models.

As a workaround I tried chosing IC-7600, 7851 etc. as the radio model,
setting the CI-V address to 98,
but I could only get VFO A to work.

I have been able to get SO2V reasonably working using Omnirig (and setting
"Use SPLIT in SO2V technique") but
the user experience is not at all as direct and smooth as with my IC-7300
(which is natively supported.)

Other features I miss (which may simply be the result of the lack of
support for the radio) are:

* Shift-Up/Down for RIT.
* Audio control. (The 7610 does not support listening to only the sub
receiver so ctrl-alt-S and ctrl-alt-T should set Dual Watch on, ctrl-alt-A
should set it off)
* Radio VFO focus following logger VFO focus. (Important since the 7610 is
a single knob radio)

Perhaps these are beginner's mistakes and I have just missed some settings?
I tried reading the (quite limited) documentation without finding any
useful guidance.

Any advice would be welcome,

73,

Björn SM7IUN