[DXLog.net - Support] Contest recorder and corrupt log

Nick Lekic nick.ve3ey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:25:04 CET 2018

While trying to configure the contest recorder in the latest DXlog I somehow managed to corrupt the log.    Two of them actually.

Now, whenever I attempt to launch either one of these logs the following exception is thrown out:    “MPEG audio header not found”.   At that point DXLog hangs and the only recourse is to kill the process from the task manager.   At this point even if I disable the recorder or restart the laptop, the logs are no longer accessible.

Chris:  is there a way to salvage them?    These are dummy logs but if this happens in the middle of CQ WW I am in trouble :-)

The problem appears to be related to K3s internal sound USB codec.   One radio is K3s and another radio is a classic K3.    I have attached an external USB sound (Sound Blaster)card so that I can feed the audio from both radios into a stereo line in input and use the Contest Recorder .   I don’t need the USB codec sound card as it does not help with the audio source from the other radio.

The K3s USB audio codec for some reason will override any recording device I select from the contest recorder.   This is not a DXlog problem.

I think I corrupted the log by trying to switch the default sound cards in the control panel while the recorder was still running.  Obviously I won’t be doing that any longer but I would like to find out how to recover the logs if by accident something like this happens again.

73. Nick
VE3EY

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad