[DXLog.net - Support] RSGB SSB Field Day Configuration

Ian Greenshields ian.greenshields at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:03:13 CEST 2014

I'm new to this group and to DXLog, but am very impressed with it so far.
I'm looking at DXLog for the SSB field day event next month & have been
playing around with some settings. I noticed the following, which may well
be user error, but though I would check:

1. DXCC multipliers appear not to be scored in the contest template. Points
per station location & type seem OK, but no DXCC mults, which are a part of
the contest.

2. Category Multi-operator, Single Transmitter. STN1 station type: run,
network server enabled. STN2 station type: support, network connected as
client.

 a. STN2 support op log doesn't show points if QSO is entered by the STN1
run op. If STN2 support op corrects a typo in the log, score for that QSO
changes to zero in STN1 log, seems strange. Requires re-loading of the logs
to score correctly. Is that normal, or have I not set it up properly? (It's
even worse if the support op presses enter repeatedly to get back the
callsign enter field as it re-scores all the subsequent QSOs as zero in the
run op's window!)

 b. The summary window scores do not seem to track & show different scores
for STN1 & STN2. Probably related to a. above? Requires re-loading of the
log to fix it.

Maybe I'm missing the point of the STN2 support op here, but I would expect
the logs to sync and the score to be the same in each window, regardless of
which op enters or edits the log. Having a support op helps in busy times
and it's also a good training seat for newcomers to our contesting group.

Many thanks & 73,
Ian G4FSU