[DXLog.net - Support] Digital Voice Keyer

Miguel EA5GF miguel at ea5gf.es
Thu Jun 18 01:56:55 CEST 2015

Hi Bob.

> El 18/6/2015, a las 1:24, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> escribió:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Miguel EA5GF <miguel at ea5gf.es> wrote:
>> Any are working with internal DVK on IC-7600/IC-7700/IC-7800?
>
> Icom has so far failed to implement or publish any software commands to play back internal voice keyer messages via C-IV commands.  The CI-V commands are simply not present anywhere in the CI-V command set, for any Icom radio.  You can play back Icom CW memories via CI-V commands, but not Icom voice memories.

:-( Also no have repeat for internal DVK need push button, for CQ WW is good but for 50mhz contest without Sporadic propagation....

> However, with some Icom rigs (IC-7100, IC-7200, IC-7410, IC-7600, IC-7850, IC-7851, IC-9100), you can apparently configure the radio as an external sound card. See:
>
> http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/firm/IC-7600/usb1_20/
>    (USB COM port and Audio driver, install before connecting radio)
> http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/disp_products.php?ID=20130723001
>    (Installation Guide)

Yes and works very nice, I use this for rtty, jt65 or DVK.

> Did you try setting DATA OFF MOD to USB in the IC-7600 menu?  This will force the radio to use the USB sound card input even when voice mode is selected.

Yes and the audio from computer play perfect with DXlog but local microphone connected to icom radio not works. Not its possible mix acc, mic audio with USB audio.

> However, then your mic. may not work.  You may need to use Windows to enable the mic. monitor.
>
> Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording -> right click on Icom driver (?) -> Properties -> Listen -> Check "Listen to this device" (if available)

And connect the radio microphone to computer? Good idea to try the sound card have small delay but workable, also it's possible use a good sound card with ASIO support (no delay) and add a computer sound processors to have a good audio, thanks !

Anyway the option in software to
Send mode USB-D1 via cv-i before TX and back to USB mode to RX such another software is good because all new icom radios have this "tip".

73!