[DXLog.net - Support] Digital Voice Keyer

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jun 18 05:16:58 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Miguel EA5GF <miguel at ea5gf.es> wrote:

> Did you try setting DATA OFF MOD to USB in the IC-7600 menu?  This will
> force the radio to use the USB sound card input even when voice mode is
> selected.
>

> Yes and the audio from computer play perfect with DXlog but local
> microphone connected to icom radio not works. Not its possible mix acc, mic
> audio with USB audio.

There should be a way to monitor of the radio's "sound card input) (if it
has one).  The output of that sound card will go to the transmitter (which
you already have working).

> However, then your mic. may not work.  You may need to use Windows to
> enable the mic. monitor.
>
> Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording -> right click on Icom driver (?) ->
> Properties -> Listen -> Check "Listen to this device" (if available)
>

> And connect the radio microphone to computer?

No, you should be able to connect the microphone to the radio, and enable
the microphone "monitor" of the radio's sound card, as I tried to explain
above.

With the radio on and connected to the PC, when you go to the Windows
Control Panel, Sound, under the *Recording* Tab (see above), do you see
*two* devices listed?  One will be the PC mic. (assuming your PC has one
built in), but the other should be for the radio's sound card (I haven't
verified this myself).  What do you see listed on the Recording tab, one
device or two?  If two, right click on the radio's sound card, and select
Properties, then follow the instructions above.

> Good idea to try the sound card have small delay but workable, also it's
> possible use a good sound card with ASIO support (no delay) and add a
> computer sound processors to have a good audio, thanks !

Yes the traditional way is to just use a PC sound card for everything, with
mic. plugged into sound card, and sound card output directed to the radio,
but then you are not using the RFI proof internal radio sound card at all.
You may also find it impossible to talk if you listen to your own audio,
because of a digital delay common with many Windows sound cards (but not
all).  You can try the "Enhancements" tab and "Disable all sound effects,"
but it my not help.

> Anyway the option in software to
> Send mode USB-D1 via cv-i before TX and back to USB mode to RX such
> another software is good because all new icom radios have this "tip".

There is a CAT command in the IC-7600 that toggles USB MOD OFF between
[Mic.] and [USB]

1A 05 0030 03 - select [USB] input when DATA MOD OFF
1A 05 0030 00 - select [MIC] input when DATA MOD OFF

So DXLog.net would have to send these commands to the radio before and
after every voice message, including interrupted messages (pressing Escape
in middle of message must re-enable mic.).

73,
Bob, N6TV