[DXLog.net - Support] DXLog.net development status and plans

9A5K 9a5k at 9a5k.com
Wed Feb 3 14:43:32 CET 2016

Hi everyone.

Here are couple of information I would like to share with all of you at
DXLog.net mailing list.
Some of these are already published on FB page, but let me share little bit
more information now.

For more than a month I am working on completely new code for DXLog, which
will move us from .net and C#
code and move it into new and faster code, with multi platform
possibilities.
So, DXLog v3 will be moved to C++ code. For GUI elements, we are using QT
Widgets now, which will allow
us to build DXLog for different operating systems. Currently build is
tested for Windows and Linux OS, and next
step is to test this code in OS X..

In this moment, about 50% of forms are already rewritten with new code and
I hope that in about a month beta testers
will be able to start testing beta versions on their own hardware. During
next days, development of the code for hardware communication will be
started, so there will be a lot of testing in front of us during this month
too.

Of course,without .net framework, c++ code runs much faster and there are
much less problems with different threads interaction etc.

In meantime, DXLog.net development is continued, I expect new release to be
published during next week.

Functionalities supported in .net version will be supported in v3 version,
but there will be some new features implemented in early versions as well.
Any ideas and suggestions are really appreciated.