[DXLog.net - Support] scripts as commands and inside CW messages

Matt NQ6N matt at nq6n.com
Mon Jan 28 05:54:58 CET 2019

Thanks much for the helpful information, Chris and Björn!  Chris, I hope
your health is improving.

Three other quick questions:

1) Is it possible for me to trigger a script by typing a word into the
logger window? Suppose I wanted to make a script called qsyup10, would it
be possible to simply type that in the data entry field and have the script
be called?

2) When using $!SCRIPTNAME syntax in a CW message, is there syntax to pass
in an argument?  For example $!SCRIPTNAME|arg1|arg2|  ... more specifically
I'd like to write a script called CWX and do something like $!CWX|cq test
nq6n nq6n|

3)  Do scripts that are called using $!SCRIPTNAME syntax get called
synchronously and block until completion?  In other words would $!SCRIPT1
$!SCRIPT2 wait until SCRIPT1 was finished before calling SCRIPT2?

The reason for #2 is that when operating my Flex transceiver remotely there
is no CW side tone available when using the Winkeyer emulation, and I would
like to try the other method available for Flex which is CAT based keying.

73,
Matt NQ6N