[DXLog.net - Support] scripts as commands and inside CW messages

Björn Ekelund bjorn at ekelund.nu
Tue Jan 29 14:48:22 CET 2019

Matt,

in Chris' unfortunate absence I will try to help.

On 1 I don't know and would surprised if it was possible. (But Chris
did surprise me the other day...) I don't really see myself typing
commands during a contest but it would be neat when developing
scripts.

On 2 I also do not think it is possible. The Main method of the script
class is only passed three environment objects, FrmMain, ContestData,
and COMMain. A possible workaround would be to do a custom parsing of
the key macro definition (cdata.dalHeader.CWMessage1 etc.) but I doubt
this would work, the built in macro definition parser would probably
throw an error for anything outside the established syntax.

On 3 this indeed seems to be the case. I created a script which puts a
random number in the status bar at the bottom of the DXLog window so I
could tell when it was invoked and when executing the test key macro
"QSL $!EXPERIMENT TU ES GL $MYCALL $!EXPERIMENT" I could see that the
macro was invoked exactly at the end of transmission of "QSL" and then
again at the end of transmission of my call.

Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out how to correctly
insert characters into the CW transmission buffer from a script when
called from a key macro. Using the object browser I found two methods,
frmMain.SendCW(message, TXOnRadio, addSpaceWhenStacking)
and
frmMain._cwKeyer.CWMessageStack.Enqueue(message)
but using either, "message" ends up transmitted last, *after* the
completion of the key macro.

I will keep digging.

My struggles with the CW transmission buffer may not be a problem for
you if you intend to use CAT-command driven CW transmission. Keep in
mind, though, that you have to design/provide a replacement for the
Alt-K CW keyboard function with this approach. (I came across this
same problem in my Win-Test script kit for the KX2, which also uses
CAT-command driven CW transmission. Fortunately Bob N6TV had a neat
solution for it.).

73,

Björn