[DXLog.net - Support] ESM mode

Jose Orellana ea7bj at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 12:22:16 CEST 2013

Already solved the problem of ESM contest mode ... thanksI don't see this improvement in release notes..
73, EA7BJ, Jose.

Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:37:30 +0200
Subject: Re: [DXLog.net - Support] ESM mode
From: 9a5k at 9a5k.com
To: ea7bj at hotmail.com
CC: n6tv at arrl.net; support at dxlog.net

Hi Jose & Bob..
$RSTEXCHSENT and $SETEXCHSENT are not yet implemented in DXLog.net..
Regarding ESM, you're right. Focus shouldn't be moved until $LOGGEDCALL wasn't sent.
I will correct this in next release.
Also, I will check this behavior in DXpedition mode. Currently DXLog.net in ESM mode works on the waythat it checks content of the fields, which makes a problem in case of DXpedition mode, but also in the case
you have Exchange guessing set to Automatically.
I think that this should be changed to check which of the fields has entry focus, so, if you're in callsign field,either callsign or CQ should be sent (if callsign field is empty).
Of course, when RCVD fields has focus, if RCVD field isn't mandatory (for example DXPedition mode), and CALLSIGNfield is properly field, TU message should be sent and QSO will be logged...

I'll fix this for 2.0.17..
Thanks.
73,Chris - 9A5K